Careers at GreenSight Ag
Want to change the world using drone technology? Read on!
Our currently posted open positions are listed below:
- Greensight Agronomics (www.greensightag.com) is a dynamic, funded startup developing fully automatic drone systems to transform golf courses and agriculture via remote sensing. We were founded by three guys with over 3 decades of combined experience on the cutting edge of military aerospace who decided to leverage that technology while leaving the pain, misery and bureaucracy of government work behind. We are building an elite team of smart, hard working engineers who can combine their skills to lead one of the fastest growing industries in the world.
We are seeking a smart, experienced engineer to participate in the design, development, and testing of a variety of multicopter drones at our Boston, MA office. You will work as a key member of our tech team on next-generation hardware for our drones and ground systems, including designing, developing, and testing a fully automated landing and recharging system. You should be comfortable with multicopters and their associated hardware, and very enthusiastic about small UAV technology. Note that we value serious hobbyist experience as well as professional experience.
Requirements for the position include:
- BS or MS in aerospace, mechanical, or electrical engineering and 3+ years experience with UAV’s.
- Experience designing and flight testing quadcopters or other small drones and their associated hardware.
- Experience with Arducopter and/or PX4, preferably with a detailed understanding of the code base.
- Comfort using embedded linux.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Startup experience is a plus.
Salary for this position will rise substantially with experience and degree, but begins at $90,000/year. Compensation package includes stock options and health insurance.
Greensight is an equal opportunity employer.
- GreenSight Agronomics is a startup based in Boston developing a drone service to help golf courses efficiently manage their turf by imaging their course and analyzing the imagery. We are growing rapidly, and looking for a drone enthusiast to join our team.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Test fly drones in the field
- Monitor remoteflying drones from our office
- Participate in servicing and assembly of drones and ground support equipment
Education and/or Experience:
- 2 or 4 Year degree preferred
- Experience with drones, either as a hobby or professionally
- Experience as an RC aircraft pilot (plane, helicopters and/or multicopters)
- Experience with hand tools and measurement instruments
- Experience building and servicing drones and/or RC aircraft
- Prior military experience preferred
- Candidate must have or be able to earn an RPIC license from the FAA. Candidates without
current RPIC must be prepared to study intensively and pass the exam within 2 weeks of starting.
Position pays $40,000 $55,000 depending on experience and RPIC license. Greensight is an equal
Applications with resumes should be sent to email@example.com.
GreenSight Agronomics was started in 2015. We are a tech startup based in Boston’s Seaport District that builds and deploys autonomous drones and cloud software. We provide daily assistance to property managers in collecting agronomic imagery and analytics. Our first market, where we have had significant success, is on Golf Courses. Our second market, which still in the process of penetration, is on farms and crop management. Our drones house three cameras that collect and present daily imagery of immediate use to the property manager. Our third market, TurfDash, focuses on harnessing operational data from 5 key categories (labor, equipment, agriculture, weather, and agenda). With both platforms combined, we offer a remarkable advantage to any property manager!
The primary function of this job is to sell the GreenSight Drone Service & TurfCloud Software platform to golf and agricultural customers in North America. The candidate must be a self starter with entrepreneurial spirit, a sense of urgency, and the ability to treat every potential sale as is if it’s your own company. Although a library of interested leads will be shared and discussed with the candidate once hired, you must be capable of creating your own ‘leads’. Although weekly discussions will take place to discuss the ‘leads’ channel (generally through phone call or screen share) it will be expected that your own projections are generated before the planned discussion. The candidate must be capable of understanding and implementing the company’s technological tools after a short training period. The desired candidate should be able to make sales via screen shares/web casts as successfully as they sell through face-to-face meetings.
- Experience working in the golf course or turfgrass production environment
- An associates degree in turf management, environmental horticulture, or equivalent
- At least 5 years work experience
- Demonstrated comfort with web and cloud based tools such as Slack, email, and webcasting
- Base pay of $55,000 with commissions
- Approved, reimbursable company expenses
- Health Insurance
- Company supplied laptop
- Phone – reimbursed cell phone plan up to $75
- Stock Options
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO CAREERS@GREENSIGHTAG.COM