Careers at GreenSight
Do you want to change the world deploying autonomous flying robots at scale?
Our currently posted open positions are listed below:
Greensight Agronomics (www.greensightag.com) is a dynamic, venture funded startup developing fully automatic drone intelligence platforms to transform golf courses, agriculture, construction and infrastructure inspection using a combination of remote sensing and artificial intelligence. Our founders have over 3 decades of combined experience on the cutting edge of military aerospace and decided to leverage that technology while leaving the bureaucracy of government work behind. We are building an elite team of smart, hard working people who can combine their skills to lead one of the fastest growing industries in the world.
- We are seeking a smart, experienced engineer to participate in the design, development, and testing of a variety of multicopter drones at our Boston, MA office. You will work as a key member of our tech team on next-generation hardware for our drones and ground systems, including designing, developing, and testing a fully automated landing and recharging system. You should be comfortable with multicopters and their associated hardware, and very enthusiastic about small UAV technology. Note that we value serious hobbyist experience as well as professional experience.
Requirements for the position include:
- BS or MS in aerospace, mechanical, or electrical engineering and 3+ years experience with UAV’s.
- Experience designing and flight testing quadcopters or other small drones and their associated hardware.
- Experience with Arducopter and/or PX4, preferably with a detailed understanding of the code base.
- Comfort using embedded linux.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Startup experience is a plus.
Salary for this position will rise substantially with experience and degree, but begins at $90,000/year. Compensation package includes stock options and health insurance.
Greensight is an equal opportunity employer.
- GreenSight Agronomics is a startup based in Boston developing a drone service to help golf courses efficiently manage their turf by imaging their course and analyzing the imagery. We are growing rapidly, and looking for a drone enthusiast to join our team.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Test fly drones in the field
- Monitor remotely operated drones from our operations center
- Participate in servicing and assembly of drones and ground support equipment
Education and/or Experience:
- 2 or 4 Year degree preferred
- Experience with drones, either as a hobby or professionally
- Experience as an RC aircraft pilot (plane, helicopters and/or multicopters)
- Experience with hand tools and measurement instruments
- Experience building and servicing drones and/or RC aircraft
- Prior military experience preferred
- Candidate must have or be able to earn an RPIC license from the FAA. Candidates without current RPIC must be prepared to study intensively and pass the exam within 2 weeks of starting.
Position pays $40,000 $55,000 depending on experience and RPIC license. Greensight is an equal opportunity employer.
- The primary function of this job is to sell the GreenSight Drone Service & TurfCloud Software platform to golf and agricultural customers in North America. The candidate must be a self starter with entrepreneurial spirit, a sense of urgency, and the ability to treat every potential sale as is if it’s your own company. Although a library of interested leads will be shared and discussed with the candidate once hired, you must be capable of creating your own ‘leads’. Although weekly discussions will take place to discuss the ‘leads’ channel (generally through phone call or screen share) it will be expected that your own projections are generated before the planned discussion. The candidate must be capable of understanding and implementing the company’s technological tools after a short training period. The desired candidate should be able to make sales via screen shares/web casts as successfully as they sell through face-to-face meetings.
- Experience working in the golf course or turfgrass production environment
- An associates degree in turf management, environmental horticulture, or equivalent
- At least 5 years work experience
- Demonstrated comfort with web and cloud based tools such as Slack, email, and webcasting
- Base pay of $55,000 with commissions
- Approved, reimbursable company expenses
- Health Insurance
- Company supplied laptop
- Phone – reimbursed cell phone plan up to $75
- Stock Options
- We are seeking a smart, organized, and experienced professional to lead and expand our flight operations department. Want to figure out how to manage thousands of remotely operated drones all over the world? It’s not easy but we’re here to figure it out!
This person’s primary role will be to ensure the smooth and safe running of all flight activities for our rapidly growing fleet of automated drone’s. The Director of Flight Operations (DFO) must create and manage processes for:
- UAV test flying
- UAV system installation
- Remote UAV flights
- UAV maintenance
- Flight anomaly resolution
The DFO will take the lead on selecting and integrating software tools into the above processes, as well as selecting, training, and managing all flight operations personnel. The DFO will also coordinate with our engineering group to define appropriate improvements in our management systems, ground control software and drone systems.
- 3+ years working in operations for a technical product or service that included both software and hardware components.
- 3+ years experience developing, managing, and updating operational procedures.
- 3+ years experience managing a group of at least 5 people including selecting and training employees.
- An FAA part 107 Remote Pilot Certification
- Excellent written and verbal communications experience. (Writing samples should be provided.)
- Good understanding of software and electronics.
- Experience choosing and configuring process management software.
- UAV flying experience and/or pilot’s license are desirable
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to:
Joel Pedlikin, GreenSight COO