Greensight is a rapidly growing, dynamic company developing automated drone and robotics technologies to transform industries. We are growing our elite team of smart, hard working engineers who are combining their skills to lead one of the fastest growing industries in the world.
We are seeking a smart, highly-capable Software Architect to lead the design, development, and maintenance of GreenSights core software assets across multiple fielded products and development activities. This person must be mentally flexible and have demonstrated the ability to pick up new skills quickly. This position will create a unified platform architecture across our globally deployed robotic systems, AI/ML processing pipelines, and user web applications and ensure alignment with the architecture in both internally and externally funded development activities. This role will include oversight of 10-15 software developers with a mix of skills in embedding control, data processing, and cloud application development.
Some of the qualifications and experience we are looking for in candidates include:
- BS or MS in computer or software engineering or computer science. 8+ years experience with MS, 12+ years experience with BS.
- Experience in software development and project management within cloud robotic and/or IoT systems.
- Experience in multi-tenant web application development and maintenance.
- Solid understanding of a variety of programming tools and development platforms.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Highly analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with revision control systems and/or continuous integration tools.
- Experience working with cloud computing environments.
- Experience productizing and deploying software. Release and dependency management proficiency.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to determine and document software requirements.
- Creating high-level product specifications and design documents.
- Working with the development teams to document architectural blueprints for multiple concurrent projects around the core software product.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with coding or design.
- Ensuring that you and the team adhere to development schedules and deadlines.
- Reviewing regular progress reports, setting goals and priorities.
- Establishing testing approaches for products to measure functional requirements.
- Developing and testing software for multiple government and commercial R&D projects.
- Contributing to proposals and business development efforts.
Salary for this position is strongly dependent on experience and education and expected to be between $160k and $180k.
Compensation package includes stock options, health/dental/vision insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K, generous holiday and time-off allowance.
Greensight is an equal opportunity employer. We fundamentally believe that the strongest teams are diverse teams and are actively seeking to build a diverse staff.