Greensight is a dynamic small company developing fully automatic drone systems and other robotics technology to transform industries. We are growing our elite team of smart, hard working engineers who are combining their skills to lead one of the fastest growing industries in the world.
We are seeking a Flight Operations Lead to lead our team that monitors drone flights (via custom software over the internet) from our Boston, MA office and performs drone test flights in the field. You will work as a key member of our operations team providing service to golf courses, vineyards, farms, and other drone customers.
You should have your FAA Part 107 RPIC license and years of knowledge and experience with small quadcopters. Note: we value serious hobbyist experience and professional experience alike. Candidates who can start work by 700 AM are preferred..
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing pre-flight operations for daily flights, including weather checks and confirming customer remote pilots’ availability.
- Remotely monitoring (via custom software over the internet) multiple drone flights per day at locations across North America.
- Maintaining our daily flight schedule.
- Polite and professional assistance with customer’s needs, concerns and issues.
- Planning and performing on-site drone test flights.
- Participating in optimization of remote flight processes and procedures.
- Creating Jira tickets to address flight and mechanical issues.
- Working with engineering and manufacturing groups to improve the efficiency and functionality of both operations and our hardware/software systems.
- Supervising and performing data collection for R&D projects-for example,helping determine how to create accurate 3D models of trees to use as an input to machine learning disease detection algorithms (Experience with image processing software and/or GIS software is a plus.)
Opportunities will also arise to expand your role at the company according to your interests and experience. Compensation will vary between $55k and $75k based on experience and knowledge, along with stock options, health and dental insurance, and short and long term disability insurance.
Greensight is an equal opportunity employer. We fundamentally believe that the strongest teams are diverse teams and are actively seeking to build a diverse staff. Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.