Greensight is a small, dynamic company developing automated drone and robotics technologies to transform industries. We are growing our elite team of smart, hard working engineers who are combining their skills to lead one of the fastest growing industries in the world.
We are seeking a smart, highly-capable engineer to lead projects and participate in design, development and testing of the mechanical elements of Greensight’s custom-developed UAV’s, ground, and amphibious robots. The position requires a Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering and at least a year of hands-on experience with mechanical robotic systems. The mechanical engineer works as part of a small tight-knit development team consisting of a variety of specialized engineers. They must have strong written and verbal communications skills, and be comfortable communicating via Slack and e-mail in a fast paced, small team startup environment.
Specific tasks that might be performed by the mechanical engineer include:
- Creating and analyzing UAV and robot concepts
- Completing detailed designs (sufficient for manufacture) of mechanical components in CAD
- Building prototype components in our machine shop or via 3D printing
- Optimizing parts and assemblies for mass manufacture (injection molding, for instance)
- Overseeing manufacture of prototype components at outside vendors.
- Testing and characterization of UAV and robot propulsion systems
- Participating in flight testing of prototype UAV’s.
- Performing structural and thermal analysis of components and assemblies
- Contributing to company wide quality management efforts
- Managing development programs
- Contributing to proposals and business development efforts
Salary for this position is strongly dependent on experience and education and expected to be between $90k and $140k. We anticipate hiring multiple individuals at various levels of seniority.
Compensation package includes stock options, health/dental/vision insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K, generous holiday and time-off allowance.
Greensight is an equal opportunity employer. We fundamentally believe that the strongest teams are diverse teams and are actively seeking to build a diverse staff.